Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My First Semester Here

This semester is my first at Oxnard College, well, college in general. Personally my biggest challenge is getting up to go to school. Not having a California drivers license gets in the way most of the time but the purchase of a new bike shortened my trip by more than half, which means I can wake up even later. The workload is honestly not hard, most of the homework is mapped out for me and there is not much class work in general. I have learned that my light schedule was a complete mistake. There are often times I find myself with nothing to do. The one thing that I would gladly tell anyone is that online classes are a big mistake for people like me who are hardly home. In the end the pay-off is worth all the work. The time spent slaving to finish assignments and study for tests strengthens your knowledge  and betters your life.  To stay motivated I remember that it's all worth it in the end and even though I will still have another college to go to after I get out of here I need to do this for me.

1 comment:

  1. You find yourself with nothing to do? Really? Would you like me to help you out with that?

    I love your last sentence!

    ReplyDelete